- instant pot
- 2 lbs beef chicken or turkey soup bones
- 5 bay leaves
- 5 peppercorns
- 2 tsp or 1 tbsp salt
- In Instant Pot add bones, bay leaves, peppercorns and fill up with cold water up to the fill line.
- Close the lid, set pressure vent to Sealing and press Pressure Cooking on High for 2 hours. Display will say ON, Instant Pot will take about 20-30 minutes to come to pressure, you will see a bit of steam coming out from a valve, then float valve will rise and countdown will begin.
- After 2 hours your bone broth is ready, Instant Pot will beep, display will say OFF and now it needs to bring pressure down before you can open it, which will be indicated by a dropped down float valve. You can let it do it on its own which will take less than an hour – Natural Release. OR you can do Quick Release by turning pressure valve to Venting position, which takes 3-4 minutes.
- Using fine mesh strainer, discard bay leaves, peppercorns and large floating pieces of whatever that is. For 6 quart Instant Pot, add 2 tsp salt; for 8 quart, add 1 tbsp. Stir.
- Refrigerate for up to a few weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!