This recipe calls for spelt flour. It is a light grain, so it doesn’t weigh down baked goods the way whole wheat flour can.
Fat Free Chocolate Donuts
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 Tbs. ground flaxseed
- ½ Tbs. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbs. cornstarch
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup spelt flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl mix together the pumpkin, applesauce, honey, buttermilk, vanilla and milk.
- In a large bowl, combine the flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, cornstarch, cocoa powder and spelt flour.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry, and mix until just incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Scoop donuts into a greased donut pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!