This spicy green bean dish is an easy-to-prepare side. You could also serve this as a main dish by serving with some steamed brown rice.
Green Bean Stir Fry
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 lb. green beans, halved
- 2 fresh red chiles, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 tsp ground star anise
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- In a large wok or heavy-bottom skillet heat the peanut oil over medium-high heat until almost smoking.
- Reduce the heat to medium, then add the green beans and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
- Add the red chiles, star anise, and garlic to the pan and stir-fry for another 30-60 seconds.
- Mix the soy sauce, honey, and sesame oil together in a small bowl.
- Stir the mixture into the pan. Cook for 2 minutes, tossing to coat evenly in the sauce.
- Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy immediately.