Feel free to get creative with your vegetable choices. You can add mushrooms, asparagus, summer squash, etc.
Grilled Vegetable Salad
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash salt
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- In a small bowl, whisk together the canola oil, vinegar, sugar, grated onion, poppy seeds, mustard and salt. Set aside until ready to use.
- Put the zucchini, yellow pepper and tomatoes in a bowl and toss with olive oil, salt and black pepper. Place the vegetables onto skewers or arrange in a grill basket. Grill over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes until crisp-tender.
- Transfer vegetables to a serving bowl. Season with basil, parsley and thyme. Toss with the dressing and serve.