Grilled Vegetable Sandwich
- 1 eggplant sliced on an angle in half-inch thick slices
- 1 small zucchini sliced on an angle in half-inch thick slices
- 1 red pepper cut in quarters lengthwise
- 1 small red onion cut into 4 slices
- 2 portobello mushroom caps
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 8 crusty rolls, cut in half
- 4 pieces lettuce
- Preheat grill. Use a brush to brush olive oil on all of the vegetable slices. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Place vegetables on a hot grill and cook until they are tender.
- Brush each side of the roll with olive oil. Grill both sides lightly.
- To assemble, slice portobellos into 1/4-inch slices, spread both sides of the grilled bread with mayonnaise and then top with 1 slice each of grilled vegetables and a quarter of the mushrooms, and finish off with lettuce and top with remaining half of the roll.