Hearty White Bean Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium potato peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 celery ribs chopped
- 1 medium zucchini chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 can 15-1/2 ounces navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 can 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potato and carrots; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add onion, celery, zucchini and jalapeno; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Calories: 75kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 2gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 164mgPotassium: 358mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 3471IUVitamin C: 19mgCalcium: 23mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!