Hearty White Bean Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium potato peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 celery ribs chopped
- 1 medium zucchini chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 can 15-1/2 ounces navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 can 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potato and carrots; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add onion, celery, zucchini and jalapeno; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Sodium: 164mgCalcium: 23mgVitamin C: 19mgVitamin A: 3471IUSugar: 3gFiber: 2gPotassium: 358mgCalories: 75kcalSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 3gProtein: 2gCarbohydrates: 11gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.