Peach & Berry Galette
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter cut into 1/8 inch thick slices
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 peaches pitted and sliced
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- In a mixing bowl, add flour and sliced butter, Use a pastry blender or fork to incorporate the butter into the flour until the mixture forms into small crumbles.
- Add cottage cheese and mix with a fork until combined. Shape into a ball and cover with plastic wrap. Chill for one hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a large bowl, add vanilla extract, brown sugar, peaches, raspberries and cornstarch. Toss lightly to combine.
- Roll dough into a 12-inch circle on a baking sheet.
- Place fruit into center of dough, leaving about 2 inches of dough around the edge.
- Fold the edges of the dough over, crimping and pleating as needed.
- Brush the beaten egg over crust edges and sprinkle with 1 tbsp brown sugar.
- Bake on center rack for about 45 minutes, or until crust is lightly browned.
- Remove and let cool before slicing.
Sodium: 158mgCalcium: 83mgVitamin C: 19mgVitamin A: 294IUSugar: 18gFiber: 6gPotassium: 311mgCholesterol: 25mgCalories: 250kcalSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 3gProtein: 10gCarbohydrates: 48gIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.