Red Potato Salad with Herbs
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, washed and cut into wedges
- 1 Tbs ground sea salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup roughly chopped green onions, plus about 2 tablespoons thinly sliced for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- In a large saucepan add the potatoes and cover with water by 1 inch. Add salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook until potatoes are tender, about 5 to 6 minutes. Reserve ¼ cup cooking water, then drain.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large mixing bowl.
- In a food processor, combine the olive oil, ⅓ cup parsley, ⅓ cup green onions, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic and freshly ground black pepper. Process until chopped into little pieces. While running the food processor, pour in the reserved cooking water and process just until blended.
- Drizzle the potatoes with the herbed olive oil mixture and gently toss to combine. Let rest for 10 minutes and then toss again.
- Add the celery to the bowl, along with a couple tablespoons of chopped green onions. Toss again. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.
Read more about this chef..