Candied walnuts make for a great topping to your salads. It adds a nice crunch and a pop of sweet flavor. This version is sugar free and is good enough to snack on by itself.
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons granulated stevia
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- In a heavy bottom pan, add the butter and melt over medium-high heat.
- Stir in vanilla, stevia, cinnamon and salt until melted.
- Remove from the heat and add the walnut pieces.
- Gently stir the walnuts until they are fully coated with the syrup. The syrup will thicken and coat the nuts as it cools.
- Spread out on a baking sheet and let cool completely before serving or storing.