Turmeric-Pickled Deviled Eggs
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs ground turmeric
- 2 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 3/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain low fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh chives
- In a large bowl, combine water, vinegar, turmeric, and 2 tsp salt. Add eggs and chill for 4 to 6 hours. Turn occasionally. Drain and pat the eggs dry with a paper towel.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add curry powder and cumin; cook for about 1 minute or until fragrant. Let cool.
- Cut eggs in half and carefully remove yolks. Place the yolks in a food processor. Add mayonnaise, yogurt, curry mixture and 3/8 teaspoon salt. Pulse until smooth. Add a little water if the mixture is too thick. Add chives and pulse to combine.
- Arrange egg white halves on a platter. Divide the filling evenly among the egg whites. Garnish with chopped chives.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!