You can buy zucchini noodles in the produce section of your grocery store. At the same time, it’s easy to make your own at home. Check out this video for 5 easy ways to make zucchini noodles.
Zucchini Noodles with Spicy Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- store-bought zucchini noodles, or use 2 large zucchini to make your own "noodles"
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, divided use
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a large saucepan, cook the onion and garlic over medium-high heat in 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, 3-4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, wine, tomato paste, honey, vinegar and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini; cook until slightly softened, 1-2 minutes, tossing constantly (do not overcook). Season with salt. Serve with sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.