Empanadas, but the keto way… yay! Feel free to use shrimp, tofu or vegetables for the filling, it is your call.
Baked Keto Beef Empanadas
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 3 cup shredded mozzarella
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 small egg
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 8 oz Ground beef
- 18 slices pepperoni
- 1 small onion ; chopped
- 1 link chicken sausage
- 1 cup marinara sauce ; Low Carb
- fresh basil leaves ; chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Saute ground beef with salt, pepper and seasoning of your choice and put a side.
- Saute onion in oil until it is soft and translucent. In same pan, add sausages and cook for 4-6 minutes, turning, until cooked through.
- In a bowl, melt mozzarella with cream cheese in a microwave and stir every 30-40 sec to make sure it’s not burned.
- Add eggs one at a time to the melted cheese mixture, stir well to fully incorporate. Note: if you have large eggs you might need to make sure that mixture is not runny.
- Add coconut flour and knead well; be careful not to over knead
- Split the dough in six portions. Cover your baking sheet with parchment paper and make six rounds with your hands.
- On one side of each round put a bit of sauce (approx. 1 tsp), basil leaves, ground beef, pepperoni and sliced sausage. Cover with the other side of the round.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or more. Cook time depends on the size and thickness of the empanadas; it is ready when top is golden brown.
- FoodPals Tip: Serve it with green salad and use the marinara sauce leftovers for dipping.