Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb boneless round steak, cut into thin 3-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1" cubes
- 1⁄3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- cooked brown rice, for serving
- toasted sesame seeds, for serving (optional)
- In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water and garlic powder until smooth. Add the beef to the bowl and toss.
- In a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon oil and stir-fry beef until beef reaches desired doneness; remove and set aside.
- Stir-fry onion and bell pepper in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes until softened. Add the broccoli and cook for 3 minutes until the broccoli is tender but still crisp.
- Return beef to pan.
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1/2 cup water until smooth; add to the pan.
- Cook while stirring for 2 minutes.
- Serve over rice and garnish with toasted sesame seeds (optional).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.