Brown Butter Whole-Wheat Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup wheat bran
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 large egg
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, wheat bran, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir with a whisk.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until browned and fragrant. Combine butter, yogurt, sugar, vanilla, banana and egg in another bowl.
- Add yogurt mixture into the flour mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Remove from pan and let cool completely.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!