- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs unbleached flour
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Cook the garlic in 2 Tbsp olive oil in a large saucepan over medium, stirring until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the garlic with a slotted spoon.
- In a medium saucepan, make a roux by melting the butter on low heat and then stir in the flour and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the broth, onions and cauliflower and increase heat to medium.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer over medium-low heat for about 29 minutes.
- Puree with an immersion blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with bowls with a few slices of the crispy garlic on top.
Read more about this chef..