Cinnamon Cider Candied Apples
These cinnamon cider candied apples are perfect for your fall hayrides or Halloween party. Wash apples well to remove any waxy coating, and dry thoroughly before dipping them. Work quickly, but if the syrup begins to set before you are ready, you can reheat it over low heat so that it is easier to work with.
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 3/4 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 2/3 cup cinnamon-flavored candies
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 wooden craft sticks
- 12 Granny Smith apples washed and dried
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; coat paper with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine apple cider and brandy in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook for about 15 minutes or until reduced to 3/4 cup.
- Add cinnamon candies to pan, stirring constantly until melted. Add sugar and salt, stirring just until sugar dissolves. Cook, without stirring, for about 8-10 minutes or until a candy thermometer registers 310°F. Remove from heat; let cool for about 15 minutes or until it is 210°F.
- Stick craft sticks in apples; dip apples in hot syrup. Place apples on prepared baking sheet; cool until set.
Sodium: 28mgCalcium: 14mgVitamin C: 9mgVitamin A: 98IUSugar: 60gFiber: 4gPotassium: 230mgCalories: 282kcalSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 1gProtein: 1gCarbohydrates: 68gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!