Eggs Benedict Salad
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. asparagus, trimmed and chopped
- 1 1/4 cups fennel bulb, chopped
- 8 oz smoked ham, diced
- 6 cups baby kale
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 3 Tbs green onions, chopped
- 3 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbs cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 8 large eggs
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 Tbs olive oil over medium heat. Add asparagus, fennel and ham; saute for about 7 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Toss the cooked vegetables with the kale, red pepper and green onion. In a bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, salt, black pepper and 3 Tbs olive oil.
- In a large saute pan, bring 2 quarts of water to a rolling boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Break eggs one at a time into small bowls and gently slip each egg into the water. Cook until the whites are set. About 3-5 minutes.
- While the eggs are cooking, toss the salad with the dressing. Divide among eight plates. Use a slotted spoon to remove each egg and top each plate with a poached egg.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.