Philly cheesesteak, here we come. But with an upgrade—no Cheez Whiz or bun to drag you down. You’ll love this combo of rib-eye, Provolone cheese, peppers and onions, served up as a keto casserole. Brotherly love at first bite.
Keto Cheesesteak Casserole
- 4 oz. butter
- 2/3 lb mushrooms ; slice
- 1 yellow onion ; dice
- 2 green bell peppers ; dice
- 1 lb steaks ; thinly sliced
- INGREDIENTS 4 oz. butter 2/3 lb mushrooms ; slice 1 yellow onion ; dice 2 green bell peppers ; dice 1 lb steaks ; thinly sliced 1 garlic clove ; minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- 7 oz. shredded provolone cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 6 oz. leafy greens ; optional for eating
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450°F
- In a heated skillet, add and heat olive oil. Add steak, onion, green pepper and mushrooms into the skillet and season liberally with salt and pepper. Cook on medium high heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add in garlic, Italian seasoning and chili flakes; cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Mix in cream cheese then place all ingridients in the skillet into a greased baking dish. Top with cheese and bake for about 10 minutes or until casserole turns golden brown.
- Serve with leafy greens and olive oil.
- FoodPals Tip: Have a side of Dijon on hand for dipping!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.