Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Enjoy these with a hot cup of coffee!
- 1 ½ cups creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 2 ½ cups packed coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ cups old-fashioned oats
- Optional: flaky sea salt for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 large, rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter with the sugar and coconut oil. Use an electric mixer or a large spoon to mix until well combined. Add the eggs, baking soda and vanilla, and mix well. Add the oats and mix until evenly incorporated.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie onto the prepared baking sheets. These cookies spread while baking, so leave a couple of inches around each one. Gently shape them into a more rounded mound and press down lightly so they’re no taller than 1 inch.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until they’re just starting to turn golden around the edges. Be careful not to overbake. Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. In the meantime, bake your next round of cookies.
- Optional: Sprinkle the cookies lightly with flaky sea salt.
Sodium: 190mgCalcium: 14mgVitamin A: 27IUSugar: 12gFiber: 2gPotassium: 135mgCholesterol: 19mgCalories: 202kcalTrans Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 4gFat: 11gProtein: 5gCarbohydrates: 22gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!