Sesame Crusted Seared Tuna Salad
- 6 oz ahi tuna sushi grade
- sea salt
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 small head napa cabbage julienned
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges
- ½ cup canned water chestnuts
- ½ bunch cilantro sprigs
- 1 cup crispy wontons
- 1 bunch scallions chopped
- ½ cup Asian sesame dressing
- Place a nonstick pan over high heat.
- Season the raw tuna with salt and crust on all sides with sesame seeds.
- Add sesame oil to the hot pan and quickly sear the tuna on all sides, keeping it rare. Set the cooked tuna aside when finished, resting it on a paper towel.
- Place cabbage, watercress, oranges, chestnuts, cilantro, wontons, scallions and dressing in a large mixing bowl and toss gently. Plate neatly in the center of a large dish.
- Slice the tuna thin and arrange on top of the salad.
Calories: 589kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 30gFat: 39gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 705mgPotassium: 1570mgFiber: 9gSugar: 18gVitamin A: 3659IUVitamin C: 135mgCalcium: 464mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!