Whole Wheat Pie Crust
- 2 3/4-3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup milk
- Mix flour and salt together in a bowl.
- Pour milk and oil into a bowl, do not stir. Add all at once to flour. If the dough is sticky add 1/4 cup more flour.
- Stir until mixed and shape into 2 flat balls. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 1/2 an hour.
- Lay one dough onto plastic wrap, sprinkle some flour on plastic wrap and on top of dough and lay another piece on top. Roll out with a rolling pin as large as your pie dish is.
- Spray your pie plate with nonstick cooking spray, take the top piece off and flip over into the pie dish, pressing dough all around.
- Prick the bottom of the dough with a fork. Cut off the excess so the crust is flush with the rim.
- Roll out second dough to use as the top of your pie.
Calories: 1130kcalCarbohydrates: 125gProtein: 26gFat: 64gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 1219mgPotassium: 760mgFiber: 18gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 198IUCalcium: 194mgIron: 6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!