Bone broth has tons of health benefits and its great to have on hand for when you are making soups and sauces.
Healthy Bone Broth
- 2 lbs bones, such as beef, chicken, turkey
- 1 gallon water
- 2 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 Tbs salt
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 2 cloves garlic
- If the bones are raw, roast them in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Place bones in a large stock pot. Pour cold water over the bones. Add vinegar. Let sit for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rough chop the onion, carrots and celery. Add to the pot along with the salt and peppercorns.
- Bring to a vigorous boil then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 4 hours. Remove any impurities that float to the top. Scoop off the foamy layer on the top.
- After 4 hours add the garlic and parsley. Simmer for another 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Strain using a fine strainer to remove the bones and vegetables. Store in the fridge for up to a week or freeze for later use.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.