This dish takes all the flavors you love about lasagna and turns it into a soup.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 6 ounces hot Italian turkey sausage casings removed
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 28 ounce can no-salt added crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 ½ lasagna noodles broken into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until almost translucent, about 5 minutes. Add sausage and cook, breaking up the sausage into small pieces with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and tomato paste; cook, stirring constantly, until the tomato paste is heated through, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, water, broth, sugar and salt; bring to a boil over high heat. Add lasagna noodles and stir to separate. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is just cooked through but not completely soft, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vinegar.
- Meanwhile, combine ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan in a small bowl; set aside.
- Ladle the soup into 6 bowls. Top each serving with a dollop of the ricotta mixture. Top with fresh basil.
Calories: 312kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 18gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 444mgPotassium: 327mgFiber: 2gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 293IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 178mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!