This flavorful soup is easy to prepare and comes together in about 30 minutes.
Roasted Broccoli Soup
- 1 1/4 lbs broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 large shallot
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 3 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss the broccoli, shallot and oil on a baking sheet. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Roast, tossing once, for about 25 minutes or until slightly charred and tender.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of the smaller broccoli florets.
- Puree the remaining broccoli, stock, spinach, Parmesan, lemon zest and juice in a blender until smooth.
- Transfer to a pot and heat over medium heat until hot. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Ladle into 4 serving bowls and top each bowl with the reserved broccoli florets.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!