Spinach & White Bean Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in thyme and basil until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in vegetable stock, bay leaves and 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Stir in orzo; reduce heat and simmer until orzo is tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and cannellini beans until the spinach has wilted, about 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and parsley; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Calories: 134kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 4gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 638mgPotassium: 155mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 1390IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 28mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!