- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 pounds plum tomatoes cut into wedges
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Ladle 3/4 cup soup into each of 6 bowls; top each serving with 1 tablespoon yogurt and 1 1/2 teaspoons basil.
Calories: 67kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 5gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 263mgPotassium: 525mgFiber: 3gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 1436IUVitamin C: 24mgCalcium: 49mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!