- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 pounds plum tomatoes cut into wedges
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Ladle 3/4 cup soup into each of 6 bowls; top each serving with 1 tablespoon yogurt and 1 1/2 teaspoons basil.
Sodium: 263mgCalcium: 49mgVitamin C: 24mgVitamin A: 1436IUSugar: 6gFiber: 3gPotassium: 525mgCholesterol: 1mgCalories: 67kcalSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 1gProtein: 5gCarbohydrates: 11gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!