Tomato Zucchini Soup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 yellow onion minced
- 1 carrot diced small
- 1 medium zucchini diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil minced
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable stock
- Heat oil in a pot or saucepan over medium heat. Add diced onions and carrots and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add diced zucchini, mix and saute for 1 minute.
- Add garlic, Italian seasoning, pepper, and red chili pepper flakes. Continue cooking, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and minced basil. Give a quick stir and cook 1 minute to caramelize the sauce a little.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to a simmer. Lower heat to medium-low. Stir, cover, and cook for about 10 minutes. Stir once in a while.
- Adjust seasoning if needed, then divide into bowls.
Sodium: 626mgCalcium: 34mgVitamin C: 22mgVitamin A: 5787IUSugar: 7gFiber: 3gPotassium: 448mgCalories: 114kcalSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 8gProtein: 2gCarbohydrates: 11gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.