This creamy chowder is loaded with potatoes, corn and a flavorful broth.
Corn & Potato Chowder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small shallot minced
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 cups Sweet Whole Kernel Corn
- 2 cups red potatoes cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter and saute shallots for 3 minutes.
- Add corn, potatoes, stock, thyme, vinegar, and salt. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- In a bowl, whisk together the milk and flour.
- Remove soup from heat and whisk in milk mixture. Return to heat, raise the heat to high, whisk, and cook for about 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
Calories: 181kcalCarbohydrates: 32gProtein: 6gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 1589mgPotassium: 448mgFiber: 3gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 944IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 78mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!